Monday, February 22, 2010
Hello, and welcome to Bunny Cottage! I am so glad you could drop by for a while! I recently received an award from my friend, Jocelyn, of "Just a Little Southern Hospitality". I was very honored to receive the award, and according to Jocelyn, I am to share seven things about myself. I encourage you to pay Jocelyn a visit when you have the opportunity. She is a sweet gal who loves her home and family. You can find her here: http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/
Seven things you might now know about me:
1. As a young girl, I had a crush on Elvis (still do!). When other girls were swooning over the Beatles, I was swooning over Elvis. My momma loved him, too. We would go to the drive-in movie and watch his movies.
2. I once owned a cherry red 1960 Plymouth Fury that was a film star. This car was in a couple of movies filmed here in Texas: "Born on the Fourth of July" starring Tom Cruise and "A Perfect World" starring Clint Eastwood. That is about as close to stardom as I will ever get!!
3. I love reading to children. When I was in the classroom, never a year went by that I didn't read "Charlotte's Web" to my children. We always had a good cry at the end!
4. My dad was a cotton farmer. He loved to plant those cotton seeds and watch those beautiful plants come up. I, too, love to plant and watch things grow. I grow around 100 rose bushes, most of them antique and old garden roses.
5. As a young girl, I read every "Archie" comic book I could get my hands on.
6. Although I am a 5th generation Texan, I grew up in Carlsbad, NM. Carlsbad is home to the world famous "Carlsbad Caverns". Carlsbad High School where I graduated had a caveman as their mascot. Our sports teams were called "The Carlsbad Cavemen".
7. I am a hopeless romantic! I watch "Sense and Sensibility" at least twice a year.
Well, dear friends, I hoped you enjoyed learning a little more about me. We are expecting snow tomorrow so I went to the store to stock up on food items that I might need. If we get snow here, things have a tendency to come to a stand still (we aren't used to that white stuff!). I hope you have a fun-filled week full of fun and laughter! Blessings to each and everyone of you!
Posted by Vicki at 11:23 AM