Monday, July 27, 2009

I am excited!!

I am so excited that my second post showed up that I think I will write a little more. As I mentioned in my profile, I am a recently retired public school teacher. I taught for thirty some odd years, and I hope I touched some lives with my teaching. I can honestly say that I gave my best every single day that I was in my classroom. I am not saying that I was always successful, but I wanted the children to learn and to love learning. My grandkids call me "Gee". I had thought up all these cute names my grandchildren could call me, but "Gee" stuck because that was what my first grandchild, Jake, started calling me. They spend the night with me at least once a month, and we have a rocking and rolling good time. We do pretty well what they want to do (within limits, of course) and have a really great time together. I am hoping to be able to have a beautiful blog banner and learn how to post pictures one of these days. Who knows, I didn't think I would be able to do even this much! Take care and wishing you and your family many blessings. Vicki p.s. The Texas Rangers are playing, and I have to go and see how they are doing. "Go Rangers!!"

1 comment:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Dear Vicki...

OMGOSH...you go girl! You did it!!!!!! Whoooo Hoooo! Now...you just need to get some color on here girlfriend and add some picks and you are good to go! Now...go to my blog, become a follower and you will get entered AGAIN into my drawing. Also...visit more places, leave comments on those you love and that will get the ball going!

I'm SOOOOOO proud of you!

Now...about you being a retired Teacher...

I'm trying to hunt down my beloved 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Ferguson. I'm SURE someone out there feels about you like I feel about her. She changed my life.

Love to you...

Rebecca