Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wildflowers. . .

 
My little granddaughter asked me the other day,
 
"Gee, what are wildflowers?"
 
I had to think about that one for a while.
 
I finally answered her that they were special flowers planted by God all over the land for all of us to enjoy.
 
I am so glad He did plant these wonderful seeds to grow into beautiful flowers for all of us to enjoy, aren't you?
 
Lady Bird Johnson loved nature.  She helped to beautify our whole nation by having wildflower seeds sown all over our land.  I sure do thank her for this every spring when I see those beautiful Texas bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush growing everywhere.

                 "Where flowers bloom, so does hope."~Lady Bird Johnson

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

That's a sweet question!
Flowers are miraculous! I hope you are having a lovely summer, Vicki!

Julie Marie said...

So beautiful Vicki... your photos and your words... lovely Lady Bird Johnson!... I have her book "Wildflowers Across America"... she did so much to preserve them... love love love your Texas Bluebonnets!... xoxo Julie Marie

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love this quote so much. Flowers are the magic in our lives.

Love,
~Sheri