Saturday, November 17, 2012

If I can utter but a few words in prayer. . .



may they be "thank you".


I am so thankful today for God and His Great Faithfulness to me. . . I am thankful for my children and grandchildren. . .

My sweet ones. . .Aaron, Corina, Ally, Maggie, Henna and Olivia.


My sweet ones. . .Jeremy, Lindy, Jake, Grace and Luke. Without my family there would be no "spring in my step" or "sunshine in my day"!  I am also thankful for my little apartment home, my place of peace, my place of refuge.


I am thankful for a warm bed at night, a place to lay my head, a hot cup of coffee each morning and so many, many more things that I often forget to say thank you for. . .


Thank you dear Lord, for the sweet children I work with each week at school. . .for their sweet lives and sweet spirits. . .I receive so much more from them than they do from me.  Thank you for them. . .



For the beauty of the earth.  For the little birds who come to eat at the feeder outside my window. For my sister and niece.  For you my friends who I have met here at Bunny Cottage.  For my long time friend, Jean.  We have weathered many storms and rejoiced together through many of life's moments. Well, as you can see, the list can go on and on. . .So I will just close with a grateful heart and say once again, "Thank you!"  May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving!!

12 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Amen! And we are thankful for you too, Vicki. You have listed some very special people and blessings in your life. Hope you're having a lovely weekend and I wish you and your loved ones a very Happy Thanksgiving this coming week!

Blessings,
Sandi

Terra said...

This blog post is a lovely prayer of thanks, Vicki. I often think of Anne Lamott's two most used prayers: help and thanks. Her new book title adds a new prayer "wow."

Julie Marie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too dear Vicki... loved seeing all of your children and grandchildren, and hearing about all of your wonderful blessings in life that you are thankful for... I love your sweet little home too, so cozy and inviting... I have also been enjoying reading everything on your sidebar... along with the wonderful pictures... I am thankful that we met through our blogs... and for so many of the same blessings that you are... I love all of the lovely quotes on your sidebar as well... much love, xoxo Julie Marie

June said...

Oh Vicki, your family is so beautiful!!! I loved every photo in your gratitude post. They are so lovely. I enjoyed reading your 'heart' tonight!
hugs...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such lovely thoughts and blessings. So much to be grateful for. You have a beautiful family! Have a great week. Tammy

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello sweet Vicki! thank you for visiting me today, and for your nice comments. I too, am thankful for all the things that you mentioned. You have a beautiful family. Our nice warm beds, and a home that is our haven. blessings to you and your family on Thanksgiving.

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

What perfect loving sweetness are in every word, Vicki...you are a dear, lovely woman, and I am so very thankful to have met you, and to be able to come to visit you at your delightfully decorated home. It is like a sweet haven, and you always have wonderful words of wisdom and love to share.

May you and your loved ones be graced with God's perfect wisdom and well-being. Happy, happy, Thanksgiving.

Love,
Marianne xox

Pom Pom said...

You have such a dear and loving heart, Vicki!
I'd love to take you out for a cup of tea. Your cozy home looks VERY happy!

Unknown said...

My Dear Vicki,
Wishing you a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving..May the day Bless you with much happiness and joy!

Ana said...

Beautiful post my sweet friend. Wishing you and your beautiful family a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving. Sending you a warm hug.

Much love,
♥Ana

Traffic Pulse India said...

I was very pleased to seek out this net-site.I wanted to thanks on your time for this wonderful learn!! I definitely enjoying every little little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.
Fashion Shows Services

Isabel-Lo said...

Hola Vicky, no hé podido visitarte porque estoy trabajando, me encantan las postales ,besos my friend