Friday, May 11, 2012

As Mother's Day draws near. . .

I am feeling deeply grateful for the privilege of being the mother to my two wonderful sons, Jeremy and Aaron. They have always brought such joy to my life. I remember holding both of them as tiny, tiny babies and feeling such love for them. Thank you, dear God, for my boys.

I am also remembering my mother. The kindest woman I have ever known. She loved her family dearly. She took care of us each and every day in such an unselfish manner. Thank you, dear God, for my mother, my angel in heaven.



I am remembering all mothers everywhere. I am wishing you, dear mothers, a blessed and happy Mother's Day. Thank you for your untiring love and devotion to your family.





10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Vicki this is such a beautiful post. My family will be sad this Mother's Day as my dear Mother in Love passed away last month. She was the pillar of the family and she will be sorely missed. My own mother has been gone for many years, but I still miss her. Blessing to you on Mother's Day.

Jocelyn @
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

June said...

Vicki this is so beautiful! I think your boys are so blessed to have you.
Have a lovely Mother's Day sweet friend.
hugs from here...

Shirley said...

Vicki, Thank you for your beautiful post as always. I am the mother of three, two boys and a girl, You never forget that you are a mother even though they are married and have children of their own, or live several states away because of work. We do have all of the memories of our mothers who are deceased. Have a wonderful Mothers Day. Hugs your Missouri Friend.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Vicki, and a Happy Mother's Day! Tammy

Pom Pom said...

Thank you! I wish you a lovely Mother's Day, too!
Your mother sounds like a light. Your memory of her is so real and true.

öznur said...

Dear Vicki,

Have a beautiful and blessed Mother's Day!.Sending much love to you from Turkey.

lilian lopez said...

Hello Vicki! this is a beautiful post, in a special day for all of us. I wish you the best mother´s day of all!!! Have a great week.! besos. Lilián.-

Unknown said...

Dear Vicki, Wishing you a wonderful Mothers Day. I have no children but have many nieces and nephews and Godmother to many children..I know that counts too!
Enjoy your day!
Kindredly, Shirley

Anonymous said...

Good day, Vicki...

A sweet tribute to mothers everywhere. I hope your day was filled with love.

I was able to leave work early. My son was off buying me my favorite Origins face cream - A Perfect World.
Now I have a little 'dew' back in my complexion.

I love the pretty embroidered towel.

Blessings,
Marianne xo

Ana said...

You are such a dear and sweet friend Vicki. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day...as wonderful as you.

Much love,
♥Ana