Monday, June 20, 2011

As I work among my flowers. . .

I find myself talking to them. . .

reasoning and remonstrating with them. . .



and adoring them as if they were human beings. . .Much laughter I provoke among my friends by so doing,






but that is of no consequence. We are on such good terms, my flowers and I.~Celia Thaxter







I have always said you have to really love to garden to garden in Texas with our 100 degrees plus temperatures and virtually no rain. Nevertheless, I continue to water faithfully and enjoy my garden each day. I feel so close to God in my garden.








8 comments:

Unknown said...

Vicki, I so love your sharing your thoughts ... I, too, feel the same way about my gardens & spending time with God.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A lovely garden indeed. I do my best to keep the plants on both my balconies alive. It is not the heat that does them in, it is all the dust that chokes some of them out. :/ Have a great week. Tammy

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So beautiful!!
Can't imagine 100 degrees though!!

Yikes!!

Hugs,
Debbie

GwendolynKay said...

What beautiful shots of your garden. Are those hibiscus in the first shot? Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I don't think I could survive such hot temps. My family that lives in TX was here in Mass. for vacation and enjoyed much cooler temps. They are now on the way back home. Guess it's what one is used to. Love your flowers.
Blessing,
Shirley

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Vicki; Your garden is just beautiful,, I too find myself talking to my plants when I working out side..... But in a 100 degree heat,,,, now that is an avid gardener....I tip my garden hat to you,,,,, have a great week

Hugs;
Alaura

BECKY said...

Vicki, what beautiful flowers! I don't blame you one bit for talking to them, either! I've done that for many years, too! :)

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I know what you mean. I actually live in Michigan and by summer the garden has to be able to live on its own its too hot for me, by end of August it is looking haggard. If I am lucky by September I can catch up, but then it can snow and well.......roll on Spring.
Janice