Friday, December 25, 2009

Angels Among Us! Happy Pink Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy day after Christmas, my friends!! Welcome to "Pink Saturday" so graciously hosted by Ms. Beverly of "How Sweet the Sound". The other morning I heard this song being sung by "Alabama", and I thought the lyrics were so beautiful. The song is "Angels Among Us" written by Becky Hobbs and Dan Goodman. Here are the song's lyrics:

I was walking home from school on a cold winter's day
Took a shortcut through the woods and I lost my way
It was getting late and I was scared and alone
Then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Mama couldn't see him, but he was standing there
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love

When life dealt troubled times and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend just to say I understand
Isn't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love

They wear so many faces
Show up in the strangest places
Grace us with their mercy
In our time of need

Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love


I know I have put my guardian angel on overtime from time to time in my life. I am so thankful, however, for God's continued love, care and protection. I think, too, that we are all called to be angels to those about us. As the song says, it may just be "a kind word, a helping hand, or a phone call to a friend". We never know when we have blessed or helped another on life's journey. I am so thankful for those angels that have helped me throughout my life. During this time of joy and celebration, let us remember those who may be experiencing some heartache in their lives: the death of a friend or family member, illness, loss of a job, a service man or woman and their families who are not together this Christmas, a family experiencing divorce, persons without a home. I can't begin to name all of those who are hurting and in need of love, but I think you know who all I mean. Maybe in some small way, we can be an encouragement and help to them.
I want to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very happy New Year as we look forward to 2010. Blessings and much love to each and every one of you! I am so thankful I have met you this past year! Please visit Beverly and all of our Pink Saturday folks by going here: http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/

27 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Vicki: Merry Christmas to you. Thank you for your beautiful words on this post. Your encouragement is so heart felt. Blessings to you, Martha

Regina said...

Beautiful post! Happy PS!
Merry Christmas!

Mary said...

Lovely post! Happy Pink Saturday!
Merry Christmas!
Blessings, Mary

Julie Harward said...

I hope you have had a great day...nice post, I too believe we have angels that watch over and help us..I think they are our family members that have gone before. Come say hi :D

Barbara said...

Dear Vicki, What a heart warming but sad post. Yesterday Roy had to work, so I invited a friend for lunch. She has children, but they choose now to spend the day with her. Yes, there is a lot of heartaches during the holidays.

Barbara

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Dear Vickie -- this is a great post. I always enjoyed the music of Alabama, and especially their Christmas songs. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas day and that you will be blessed with much love, peace and joy in the New Year to come. Holiday blessings :) Tammy

Pauline said...

Dear Vicki, thank you for sharing this lovely post with us. It's so good to know that the Lord is always looking after His own, all the time :o)

Blessings, my friend.

La Petite Gallery said...

Dear Vici,
What apropos Words and writing.
It is so needed at this time of year.
Your Angel made you do it..
I am sure you have the most
beautiful Angel there is.
Wishing you LOVE
yvonne

GwendolynKay said...

Vikie,
A very lovely post you have shared. Yes we need to remember and pray for those in need now and always. Loving song also. Blessings!
Gwen

Maria said...

Yes, Vicki... I believe there are angels around us... Can you imagine if we could really see them, as did the shepherds that night?
I'm glad sometimes we are unaware ... as they say...
or that God's light and love is delivered through another person...
We are salt of the earth...
Bearers of HIS Light~

Thank you, Vicki, for writing such beautiful and inspirational words,
New Year's blessings to you and your family,
Maria

Sue McPeak said...

Vicki...thanks for sharing the song lyrics, and reminding us that others are in need of our blessings and prayers during this time of year. Blessings to you and your family! Happy Pink Saturday and Happy New Year!

Jocelyn said...

Vicki, it has been a blessing to have met you too. If you would like to read a very good book about Angels, try to find a copy of "Angels At Your Service" by Mac Hammond. I believe it is out of print, but I found one on Amazon. It's the best book I ever read about Angels. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Vicki, thank you so much for the warm welcome back, I am so glad to be back and catching up on your lovely blog with you!! Hopefully I'll be back in the Pink Saturday Swing soon too. That is one of my favorite songs ever! I hope you have a wonderful day!!
♥ Teresa

C'est moi Claudette said...

Dear Vicki
I LOVE Alabama and love this song. They have very powerful lyrics in many of their songs.
Happy PS & yes my father is one of those angels among us.
Love Claudie
xoxoxox

storyteller said...

Lovely post ... thanks for sharing ;-)
I know there are angels around us ... and feel their presence often. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy Pink Saturday ;-)
Mine’s at Happily Retired Gal
Hugs and blessings,

Betzie said...

Sweet post and so true!! I believe in angels as well and hope to see you again! HPS!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Vicki, The lyrics are so very beautiful and it is one of my favorite songs. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I believe in angels too and I like to think that they are holding my precious boy in their arms in heaven. That thought brings me such comfort.
I hope you had a very beautiful, happy & joy filled Christmas with your precious family. Thank you so much for the lovely Christmas wishes you sent to me. :)
Wishing you a peaceful New Year with much happiness & many Blessings dear Vicki!
Hugs, Carol Anne

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I have experienced the guardian angels many times in my life. Like the time my son was diagnosed with cancer and a nurse angel cared as much about me and his Dad has he did for our son. He was undergoing a very difficult procedure and I could hear him crying through the door. He was 22 years old, but what I heard was a my little boy crying.
The nurse angel came outside the room to comfort me and my husband. We were both so upset and in tears and worried for our son.
This precious angel nurse helped us get through it.
The next morning we asked the other nurses about the nurse who had been with us the night before. They told us that he was only a temporary nurse and was only there for one day.
He had been sent to another cancer unit to relieve another caregiver.
To this day, I believe that he was an angel and nothing will ever make me believe otherwise.
So, thanks for your lovely, heart warming post.
By the way, my son has recovered from the cancer and is now 34 years old.
hugs~~ Sissie

Julie Marie said...

Hello Vicki... I love that song by Alabama too.. wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year... it has been so much fun meeting you this year and reminiscing about so many things we both did as children... happy memories... love to you... xoxo Julie Marie

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Holiday Greetings Vicki sweetie...
Thank you so much for sharing with me today. I love this song,it has so touched my heart many times as well.

I too, believe there are angels that walk amongst us. They are here when we need them most, God knows when the time is right.

Thank you for sharing 2009 with me. I look forward to many great things in 2010. It has been such a pleasure getting to know you.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

maría cecilia said...

My dearest Vicki, I believe there are angels among us, too, and they manifest in so many different ways, like a friend visiting another friend´s blog and leaving so sweet comments of one most loves and shares, and you my friend, have been like an angel to mee, with your regular visits, your so kind and encouraging words, your wows! when something I post liked you, and so other many different forms you have been there to me.... I´m so grateful to have met you this year.
May all your wishes be truly lived by you and your family next year and always.
Con mucho cariño,
Maria Cecilia

suesueb said...

A very beautiful post! Thank you for sharing the song with us all. Happy Holidays and Happy pink week!!

Charlene said...

I am so sorry I am a bit late for Pink Saturday but, I wanted to stop by & say HI! I am a Texas gal too & love your side button about loving big hair & red lipstick! CUTE!

Thank you for sharing the words of that song. Yes, our gaurdian angels do have to work overtime for us don't they! Thank God we have them. Have a great week! Charlene

Beverly said...

Vicki, this is such a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am a believer in angels, too.

Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Elena said...

Hi Vicki... popping in quickly via a friends computer while I'm away to wish you a belated happy pink saturday. I hope your Christmas was special..... and wishing you a happy & wonderful new year :)
I look forward to chatting with you again when I get back in the new year. God Bless.

ciao for now,
Elena :)
http://epdesigns.com.au/blog

Janean said...

Vicki, the Word of God tells us we entertain angels without knowing it...

Happy New Year to Come!

prashant said...

Beautiful post! Happy PS!

How to make a website